tabs

 photo home1_zps4d192f6a.jpg  photo recipes1_zps4c065c0e.jpg  photo about1_zps9481e111.jpg  photo contact1_zps647fd1f8.jpg

9.26.2013

Bedtime

"Wow-that boy is a fighter," Ben breathlessly confessed as he walked into the kitchen. I was getting dinner ready last night as Ben gave Jack his bedtime bottle and put him to sleep. As both boys were upstairs, I could hear Jack's grunts and whines through the baby monitor. That boy will fight off sleep with every ounce of energy he has until he is completely wiped out.

Within ten minutes of Ben being downstairs, we both heard Jack start to cry.
"Want me to try?" I asked Ben.

I went upstairs and walked into Jack's room. The room was dark, fan going, and the sound of waves crashing were coming from his sleep machine. As I bent and kissed his cheek, my sweet boy locked eyes with mine and smiled. I gave him his pacifier and brushed his hair back a few times.
He smiled wide, closed his eyes, and drifted off to sleep.
And my heart just about melted right out of my chest.

James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.





4 comments:

  1. this would make any momma melt. i'm not a momma (duh) but this is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. So glad I stopped by! New follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, Jack is so cute, love the photo. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following along. I am now a follower of yours as well and looking forward to reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete