Who said eating healthy has to be boring? Not only is this meal so good for you, it's soooo yummy!!! Even my pregnant-get-sick-from-everything-self was able to eat it and LOVED it. Extra perk for pregnant women: the ginger helps with nausea!
What's not to love?
Ginger Fried Rice with Shrimp and Mango
- 3/4 pound fresh, medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (can also substitute chicken)
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1.5 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces (1 cup) fresh snow peas, cut in half
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small bite size pieces
- 3 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 medium ripe mangoes, cut into slices
- Cook brown rice according to package's directions to yield 3 cups.
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with Chinese 5 spice and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Once hot, add in oil, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in shrimp and cook for about 1 minute--until they begin to turn pink.
- Add snow peas, carrots, and broccoli--stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce, and sesame oil--stir to combine and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Serve warm with mango slices.
Makes 4 servings.