tabs

 photo home1_zps4d192f6a.jpg  photo recipes1_zps4c065c0e.jpg  photo about1_zps9481e111.jpg  photo contact1_zps647fd1f8.jpg

10.28.2013

Full




We have had one of those weekends that leaves you feeling so full. Full of thankfulness. Full of laughter. Full of love. There was dinner with friends, a baby shower, multiple bonfires, s'mores, apple crisp, cuddling, way too many kisses, a convicting and reassuring sermon, a harvest festival, and big smiles from our boy. And almost every night this weekend, when the baby was sleeping, counters had been wiped down, lights were turned off, and my thoughts started to slow down, regardless of how hard I tried to stop it from creeping in and stealing even an ounce of joy, the feeling of uneasiness would start to wash over me. The reality of having to move is starting to become something I can't push out of my mind as easily anymore as we get closer to going wherever God and the Marine Corps want us.

You see, I prayed for this. Before we moved to Beaufort, I prayed for the kind of friends that we have now. Uplifting and encouraging. I prayed for our church. One where we would learn the Bible and be challenged. I prayed for our marriage. Full of grace and unconditional love. I prayed for our faith. Growing together and unwavering.

I prayed for all of this, and I didn't realize how God would fill every single prayer to the brim to the point of overflowing. I cannot count how many times I must have said to Ben this weekend, "It is going to be so hard to leave this place." Our first home. Our first baby. A place that will always hold very precious memories.

Matthew 7:7-11

7Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? 10Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! 11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I now am being built up as a Christian by my nieces. I thank God for all the blessings he has bestowed on you. You were not the only one asking God to bless you in this way. God will clear the way and you will go exactly where He wants you to be. He has plans and a purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great read and love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. so thankful for God's faithfulness in our lives. beautiful family love! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you had a great weekend. There is so much to be thankful for. I understand about moving. We recently moved this past August and everything has changed. Sometimes it can feeling overwhelming as there is so much change but I know that God placed us right were we should be and I think you got it right on with "a place that will hold very precious memories" Just keep those great memories of your time there and remember there is going to be many great more memories regardless of where you go :)

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! So you're just waiting to see where your husband will be stationed? That is so exciting and yet nerve-racking! Good luck, and by the way your little man is so handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed reading this post Nicole. You have a great way of putting things in perspective. Chris and I are feeling similar emotions....not necessarily "firsts" but we can definitely relate to the Marine Corp life. We are also just putting our trust in the Lord as we wait on His direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Ben have been so great embracing all of your new experiences, relationships, family and I know every new tomorrow will be a great day full of life!

    ReplyDelete