tabs

 photo home1_zps4d192f6a.jpg  photo recipes1_zps4c065c0e.jpg  photo about1_zps9481e111.jpg  photo contact1_zps647fd1f8.jpg

1.12.2013

My first nomination!

It is true! I've been nominated for a blog award by the lovely Jennifer from http://jennifermole.blogspot.com/.  She is a super cute, talented, and sweet gal--go check her out!
Here are the rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
  • Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
  • Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
So here goes!
11 random facts about me:
  1. My nickname used to be "beanpole Nicole" ...kids are not very nice!! 
  2. Ben and I went on a 19 day honeymoon.  It was absolutely amazing.
  3. I'm 25% Polish, 25% German, and 50% Punjabi Indian.
  4. We rescued our two cats from the streets of Okinawa.
  5. Ben and I had never lived in the same city until we were married....and spent more time on separate continents than on the same one (hence the 19 day honeymoon)!
  6. I have never been a girly-girl.  I've always liked blue more than pink.  I was the biggest tomboy growing up.
  7. I loooooooooove hot weather.  Would way rather be hot than cold.
  8. I love the outdoors--which is one of the reasons why I was head-over-heels in love with Okinawa when we lived there.  We would go on an adventure almost every weekend--there was so much to see! To see some of my life while I was there, check out my posts from 2009 and 2010.
  9. I would be so happy to move back to Okinawa one day.
  10. I never looked at ring pictures, or made hints to Ben about rings, or even had any idea that we would be getting engaged.  I love that everything was a huge surprise and that Ben picked out the ring 100% on his own (with the help of a Marine)...thanks Jack Bernardo for that help!
  11. I was given my dream wedding dress for free through Brides Across America--and my mom and I even made the news! http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=8149895 If I would have known the news was going to be there I might not have gone in a t-shirt and no make-up!! I then donated my dress to Brides Against Breast Cancer. 
Jennifer's 11 questions for me:
1. If you could meet any actor/actress/person from the past who would it be?
This is a really tough one!! If I could meet absolutely aaannnyone from the past, I would have to meet Jesus--how amazing would that be?!

2. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself? 
outgoing, positive, loyal

3. What did you want to be when you grew up? 
I've always known I wanted to be a teacher! :)

4. Do you like coffee or tea better?
Definitely tea!! LOVE tea.

5. If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
Spa day. Reading.

6. What is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to you?
All of the things Ben said to me before he proposed, and then the proposal, and his vows (which I carry in my wallet!)..it pretty much went like this, "mush mush mushhhy mush"

7. If you could hop on a plane tomorrow, where would you go?
Aitutaki, Cook Islands, NZ!!!

8. What is your current favorite song?
Waiting Here for You--Christy Nockels

9. How old were you when you learned to read?
Not exactly sure--but I do remember being SO excited when I could read full pages of Dr. Seuss "Green Eggs and Ham" and asking everyone in my house to listen to me read them!

10. Do you play any instruments?
Sadly no. But I did play the saxophone in jr. high!

11. How would you describe your life right now?
Full of surprises--always in transition while still enjoying the moment! 

Here are my questions for my nominees to answer:
  1. Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
  2. What's your most embarassing moment?
  3. What is one of your proudest moments?
  4. Do you have any obsessions?
  5. Favorite date night idea?
  6. If you won $1,000 and had to spend it in a day, how would you spend it?
  7. What are 3 positive qualities about yourself?
  8. What is 1 thing that you love about your spouse/significant other/or hope to find in a significant other (if you're single)?
  9. Favorite ice cream?
  10. What is your New Year's Resolution?
  11. What is your dream job? Why?
And finally--here are my nominees:
Gratefully Inspired
The Law Student's Wife
Simply B
Faith Love & Babies
Love & Loyally, JMG
Simply Summer
Lulu Mom
Entirely My Own
Coffee and Quinoa
Nicole in the Making
A Colorful Reality

Be sure to check out all these awesome bloggers. I'm excited to start following them--because no, I don't even have 11 'blogger' friends and had to find most of these blogs through other blogs...basically it was just a lot of clicking!! But I'll get there one day! You'll see.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    Thanks so much for the nomination! It was fun to learn a few facts about you too :-)

    ReplyDelete