tabs

 photo home1_zps4d192f6a.jpg  photo recipes1_zps4c065c0e.jpg  photo about1_zps9481e111.jpg  photo contact1_zps647fd1f8.jpg

2.26.2010

Earthquake!

Yikes!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/02/26/japan.okinawa.earthquake/index.html

It wasn't bad, just enough shaking to make me question whether or not my building is sturdy! The article says it only lasted 15 seconds, but it felt like it lasted a LOT longer.

Anyways, Ben came back from Thailand last week and we went to Maki's (secretary at our school) wedding on Sunday. It was a really cool experience! It was a traditional Okinawan wedding. The ceremony lasted three hours and consisted mostly of performances!
I will post pictures/videos soon, I promise!
Sake is getting spayed today, she has been going in and out of heat for the past month. I don't know how many of you have experienced a female cat in heat, but let me tell you, it is NOT cute or fun.
The weather is warming up to the 70s again. It has dropped down to the 50s over the past two months and has been raining a lot. I am ready for some sun!

It's Saturday morning here (8:30 a.m.) and I am about to leave for my longest work day, I will be finished at 7:00 p.m. The kids make it go by pretty quickly, and I am sure today my classes will be filled with talk of the earthquake.
Hopefully that's the only one I will have to experience while I'm here!

Hope everyone is well,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment