|first look--Mark Romine Photography|
I really can't believe it's been two years--part of me feels like I have been with him forever, but then another part feels like this special day was just yesterday: http://vimeo.com/28800069 (our wedding highlight video)
I am not sure how it keeps happening, but it seems like I find myself loving Ben more and more at every turn we make.
As if I didn't have enough reasons to love Ben with every ounce of my being, just this last week of parenthood has given me countless more:
- he was the best labor coach...ice chips on demand, back rubs almost constantly, cold rags without asking for them, words of encouragement at the exact moments I needed them, he caught me when I passed out, he did not rest at all through the entire 32 hours of labor (I actually slept a few hours here and there)
- he has fed me breakfast every morning during the sunrise nurse session with Jack
- he has made 50+ trips up and down the stairs a day to do laundry, cook, clean, and bring me things as I have been living upstairs
- he has changed 90% of the diapers
- the love he has for our son radiates through him
- he's already teaching Jack lessons about putting women first and the importance of being a gentleman
- I came out of the shower and found him passed out like this:
And it's only week 1!!!
Happy Anniversary, I love you Ben.